- What do kids do at a Mad Science birthday party? During the first 40-45 minutes, the Mad Scientist will engage children with amazing science demonstrations that are conducted with the help of your birthday child and guests. Some examples of experiments that may be included are: fitting a hardboiled egg into an impossibly small space, seeing flash paper disappear and creating bubbling potions with dry ice. During the final 10-15 minutes of the party, the kids will make slime to take home. If you choose the Super Party your party will also include an additional activity or activities of your choosing.
- How far in advance do I need to book my party? Our party schedule fills up quickly. We suggest you book well in advance to get the date and time you want. Generally, at least 3 weeks in advance is recommended.
- What do I need to do to make a reservation? You can call us at (512) 892-1143 or (210) 651-1143 and we’ll be happy to schedule your party over the phone or you can fill out our party request form and we will contact you.
- What time can I have my party? On Saturdays and Sundays we have set party times of 10:30a.m., 11:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. or later. Parties can also be scheduled Monday-Friday on a limited basis. All dates and times are subject to availability.
- Do I need to know the exact number of kids attending my party to book it? No. All we need is an estimate of the number of children you expect to attend. We ask that you plan for the largest number of children expected. On the day of the party, you will be charged only for the number of kids that actually attend.
- Do you have any themed parties? All our themes revolve around science. If you have another party theme, we can notify the Mad Scientist, and he/she will do his/her best to incorporate your theme into the experiments and language that is used.
- When will the Mad Scientist arrive? The Mad Scientist will arrive at least 15 minutes early to set up. He/she will be ready to start the show at the time you booked. It is best to start your party at least 30 minutes before your Mad Science show is scheduled to start, to ensure the Mad Scientist is able to start on time.
What kind of space is needed? The Mad Scientist will bring a trunk to do experiments on. We ask that you provide a small table or surface for them to set some things aside on. You will need to have enough space for the Mad Scientist and for your guests to be comfortable as well. The kids can be seated on the floor or on chairs, several feet back from the Mad Scientist.
- How much space is needed for the rocket launch? The Mad Scientist will need a medium to large sized back yard or open space to launch the rocket. If you are not sure whether you have sufficient space, you can always add the rocket launch and then the Mad Scientist will assess whether or not it is safe to launch the rocket on the day of the party. You will not be charged for the upgrade if the rocket cannot be launched safely.
- Will I have to provide the Mad Scientist with anything? In addition to a table or surface to set up on, we will need access to water for set-up and clean-up and access to electricity in the room that the party will be held in. Please let us know if your party location cannot have either of these.
- Once I have scheduled my party, can I make changes to it later? Any changes to your party must be scheduled at least five business days before your party.
Is it okay to have other activities going on while the Mad Scientist is performing? The Mad Scientist will begin at the scheduled start time and continue until our portion of the entertainment is finished. We will not be able to stop for any other activities (ex. food or cake). Please plan accordingly.
Can I have the phone number of my Mad Scientist? We do not provide the Mad Scientist’s personal contact information. Your Mad Scientist will call you a day or two before your party to introduce themself and to answer any last minute questions you may have. If you have any questions or concerns, you can call our office at (512) 892-1143 or (210) 651-1143.
- For what ages are your parties appropriate? Our parties are appropriate for children between 4 to 12 years of age. Younger siblings generally watch, but do not actively participate in the party and should not make a take home project. We determine the number of attendees based on the number of children that participate in the party.
- When do I pay? At the end of your party, your Mad Scientist will present you with an invoice. Payment is due at that time. Our preferred method of payment is check or money order.
What is your policy on tipping? If you think your Mad Scientist did a great job, a tip is very much appreciated. If you have any other questions, please call us at (512) 892-1143 or (210) 651-1143.